2. What does it mean to "repent" of your sins and "believe" the good news (1:14-19)?
3. From chapters 2-3, what is different about Jesus compared to the Pharisees?
4. What is the point of the parable of the scattered seed (4:1-20)? What is the key to growing in faith, according to the parable of the lamp (4:21-25)?
5. What role does faith play in 5:21-6:6?
6. What role does faith play in 7:17-30?
7. In 7:31-8:26, Jesus heals two men by his touch. In between these two healings, what role does faith play, and how does the "touch" of Jesus factor in?
8. Is it significant that Peter's declaration of Christ and Christ's prediction of his death come after the block of teaching about needing a second touch from Jesus? Why or why not? (8:27-9:1)
9. What happens when Jesus predicts his death the first time? What teaching about discipleship does Jesus teach? (8:31-9:1)?
10. How do the disciples respond to Jesus' second prediction of his death? (9:30-37) What does this teach us about following Jesus?
11. How did the disciples respond to Jesus' third prediction of his death? (10:32-45) What does this teach us about following Jesus?
12. How does the fig tree stand as an image of the unfruitfulness of the people (11:12-25)?
13. What is the significance of Jesus' sermon in chapter 13?
14. What were the disciples doing while Jesus prayed in the garden (14:32-42)? How are we sometimes like this?
15. Why was the Temple curtain torn in two when Jesus died (15:37-38)?
16. Why did the women disregard the angel's command and tell no one about Jesus' resurrection (16:1-8)? Are we sometimes like this?