Paul's Defense Before the Jews in Jerusalem (1-21)
1. What are some signs of Paul's zealousness for God before his conversion (3-5)?
2. How does Paul describe his conversion (6-11)?
3. What did Ananias relate as the substance of Paul's ministry (12-16)?
4. What were the elements of Paul's conversion (16)?
5. What is Paul's testimony about the word he received from the Lord (17-21)?
1. At what point did the people become angry? Why? (22)
2. What did they propose to do with Paul (23-24)?
3. What response did this lead to by the Roman authorities, and what controversy was created by this (23-29)?
Paul Before the Jews, Part 2 (22:30-23:11)
1. What did the tribune do the next day? Why? (22:30)
2. What controversy occurred between the high priest and Paul? Who was obedient to the law? Did Paul really not know who the high priest was? What else could this mean? (23:1-5)
3. How did Paul play the Pharisees and Sadducees against each other? What did this say about the charges against him? (6-10)
4. What did Paul's vision foretell? (11)
The Plot to Kill Paul (23:12-35)
1. Who was complicit in this conspiracy (12-15)?
2. How was Paul's assassination avoided? (16-22)
3. How did Lysias handle Pau? (23-35)
4. What does Lysias' letter to Felix say about the charges against Paul (26-30)?
5. What is Paul's fate as this chapter ends? (34)