But what in Paul's speech can be imitated?
1. Paul provides an outline of his life and activity (20:18-23, 26-27, 33-35).
2. Paul predicts his own future (20:22-25).
3. Paul predicts what will happen to the church after he is gone (20:28-30).
4. Paul provides exhortation on how to act after he is gone (20:28, 31).
Within this outline, Paul provides several examples of his own activity that can be imitated by others.
1. Openness in proclamation (20:20).
2. Disclosure of all God's will (20:27).
3. Constant teaching (20:31).
4. Financial integrity (20:33-34).
5. Humility (20:19).
6. Devotion to the ministry even in the face of trials (20:23-24).
7. Support the weak (20:35).
By following these exhortations, we can imitate Paul, who himself imitates Christ.
Q: What does this speech teach about Christian living?
Q: What does this speech teach about shepherding?
Q: How could this church encourage people to live out these values?