1. Why did Paul circumcise Timothy? Didn't this put Timothy under the law? What modern parallels do you see where we can "give" on a point of doctrine or tradition for the sake of others?
2. What did Paul do as he visited these cities? How were they strengthened and what was the result?
3. What principles have you learned from Acts about when/how/why the church increases in number?
Acts 16:6-10 -- "The Macedonian Call"
1. How did Paul determine where to go and not go? Why do you think the Spirit blocked them from going to certain places? Is this a valid way of looking for guidance today?
2. Note that "Luke" is now traveling with the group (10).
1. What do you learn about Lydia?
2. What are the implications for evangelism? Where might we go to find a high likelihood of receptive people?
Acts 16:16-40 -- Controversy, Arrest, Conversions
1. Why was Paul bothered by the slave-girl's prophecy? Was it false?
2. Why were her owners angry that Paul healed her? What did they do?
3. What was the basis of the charges against Paul and company? Were the charges true? Were the charges true from the perspective of the slave-owners?
4. What happened to Paul and Silas? What happened to Luke and Timothy? How did Paul and Silas respond?
5. What happened next? How did the jailer respond? How did Paul respond to the jailer?
6. How was the jailer converted?
7. Why did Paul not leave quietly when his release was granted?
8. What was their final act before leaving the city?