ACTS 13 -- Barnabas and Saul Begin Their Missionary Activity
The Sending (1-3)
1. What mission did Barnabas and Saul return from? (12:25)
2. Where did they return to? (1)
3. What was the function of the prophets and teachers? Were these "assumed" roles or roles given by the Holy Spirit? (1-2)
4. Was this a Sunday worship? An extended period of worship? Were the worship and fasting concurrent or complimentary? (2)
5. Who commissioned Barnabas and Saul? (2)
6. Did the believers know what/where they were setting Barnabas and Saul apart for? (2)
7. How were Barnabas and Saul set apart by the believers? (3)
1. How did Barnabas and Saul know where to go? (4)
2. What did they do when they arrived on Cyprus? (5) Why start in a Jewish synagogue? What evangelistic lesson do you learn from this?
3. What incident happened in Cyprus? (6-12)
4. What "power" does this incident reveal God's power over? How is this seen in how the incident plays out?
5. Who witnessed this incident and how did he respond? (12) What is significant about his response? Why is he mentioned as being "intelligent"? (7)
6. What "teaching" did the proconsul witness? (12)
7. What evangelistic lesson do you learn from this conversion?
Pisidian Antioch (13-52)
1. What happened as Barnabas and Saul reached shore in Pamphylia? (13) What does this foreshadow? (15:36-41)
2. What was their strategy in Pisidian Antioch? (14)
3. When Paul was invited to speak, what did he speak about? (16-41)
4. What is the content of Paul's speech? What are the key points?
5. How did the people respond to Paul's preaching? (42-43)
6. What happened on the following Sabbath? How did "the Jews" respond? (44-45)
7. How did Paul and Barnabas respond to the Jews? (46-47)
8. How did the Gentiles respond to Paul and Barnabas' declaration? (48)
9. What does the phrase "all who were appointed for eternal life" mean? (48)
10. What were the results for the gospel? (49, 52)
11. What conflict occurred? (50) What resulted from this conflict? (51-52)