Pre-Conversion (Acts 10:1-23)
1. Where is Caesarea? Why is this significant?
2. What does it mean that Cornelius was “devout and God’ fearing? How was his devotion shown (2)?
3. How did God reach out to Cornelius (3)?
4. On what basis did God reach to Cornelius (4)?
5. Was Cornelius obedient to God’s vision?
1. What was Peter doing around the time he received his vision? Is this connected?
2. What was the content of his vision?
3. What was Peter reluctant about (14)? Was he right? How did his vision validate or invalidate the scripture Peter knew?
4. Was Peter obedient to his vision? Why or why not?
5. Why didn’t he answer when the men arrived? Why did he need to be prompted by the Spirit (19)? Does the Spirit prompt like this today?
6. What is significant about Peter’s inviting the men inside?
Conversion (Acts 10:23-48)
1. What distinction does Peter make between the law and God (27-29)? What are the implications of this?
2. In which two ways does Peter realize that God does not show favoritism (34)?
3. When does God accept (35)? How does this play out later?
4. What was the content of Peter’s preaching?
5. How is forgiveness of sins achieved according to 10:43? How does this correlate with 2:38?
6. What is the implication of 10:44?
7. What was the cause of astonishment among Peter’s group (45)?
8. What is Peter’s declaration (47)?
9. What is the mark of their equality with the Jewish believers (47)? What is the mark of a believer today?
10. How did the Holy Spirit function in the chapter? How might the Spirit function similarly for us?