2. Were they successful on this occasion (2)?
3. What were the two different reactions to their preaching (1-2)?
4. How did Paul and Barnabas respond to the negative response (3)?
5. How was the delivery of their message enhanced (3)? Were they always able to perform signs and wonders? What does this teach about the Holy Spirit and God?
6. What was the continued reaction (5-6)? How did Paul and Barnabas respond? Was this cowardly? When is it ever the right time to leave an evangelistic opportunity and how would you know?
7. What did Paul do in Lystra that was worthy of attention (8-10)? Who healed the man?
8. Why did they not go to a synagogue first?
9. What was the reaction of the crowd to the healing (11-13)?
10. How did Paul and Barnabas respond (14-18)? What is the content of the sermon? Why is it devoid of scriptural references? Is it a "biblical" sermon if it does not use the bible? What points are made and how are they made?
11. What happened next (19)? How did Paul respond (20)? Why did he go back into the city when earlier he fled at the threat of violence (cf. v. 6)?
12. What did Paul and Barnabas do after leaving Derbe (21)? What functions did they perform during these return trips (22-23)? What pattern do you discern?
13. How did Paul and Barnabas end their first missionary journey (26-28)?