“In prayer, we receive power from God to live our lives fully.”
Consider making a commitment to God to pray for fifteen minutes each day for at least seven days. If you make this commitment, your life will be changed: you will be more focused, patient, and loving. You will be filled with God's power and purpose. Your agenda will become God's agenda, and as a result, your life will be fuller and you will be more satisfied.
Follow this format for prayer:
1. Begin by listening to God in scripture. Pick a psalm to read. Start at the beginning of Psalms and read one each day or read your favorite psalm every day for the week.
- Which emotions are brought out in this psalm?
- How do you identify with these emotions?
- What are the main ideas of this chapter?
- How can you incorporate these ideas into your prayer?
- What is God saying to you through scripture?
- Focus on gratitude and thanksgiving.
- Praise God for what he has done for you.
- Doing this will remind you over time of all you have to be thankful for.
- Your journal will also keep a record of how God has led you through scripture.